NON STOP MOTION ANIMATION,
For primary school's students
School: 93ο Athens Primary School
Address: Pitheou 9, Neos Kosmos, Athens 11743
Starts: Wednesday 22 March 2017
Ends: Wednesday 31 May 2017
Cost: Free action (unity of 10 workshops)
The Open Schools program is an initiative by the City of Athens, which is implemented thanks to the exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
Schools open to the neighbourhood and society at large
The City of Athens continues the Open Schools initiative by running activities within the school premises, throughout the week - after-school hours and during weekends, for all Athenians. School buildings become centres of action for the community and invite students, teachers, parents and residents to participate in educational, cultural, sports and entertainment activities. The Open Schools program is an initiative by the City of Athens, which is implemented thanks to the exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. It was piloted in 2015 and was quickly embraced by the local communities. To date, the program has received more than 250 activity proposals. The list of offered activities is enriched fortnightly.
What does Open Schools mean
School premises remain open, with security, from the final ring of the school bell until 9.30pm during weekdays and from 10am-8pm during weekends. The program has ensured security and cleaning services, as it aims to remain independent from the morning function of the school. The Open Schools program was piloted in 2015. This year, thanks to the exclusive donation of Stavros Niarchos Foundation, 25 schools in various neighbourhoods within the City of Athens remain open Monday to Friday and on weekends. The ultimate aim is that school buildings become meeting points for everyone: students, parents and residents of the neighbourhood and the wider community.Aims of the program
• To provide a comfortable, pleasant and well-designed communal space which students and adults can use to meet, study or work.
• The possibility for adults to have the opportunity to meet, organise and take part in activities [eg language learning, seminars, meetings] and with the children [eg festivals, workshops].
• To enrich of the list of educational and recreational activities offered for children in the familiar environment of a school building.
• The function of school rooms and courtyards as places for children to meet, carry out activities or simply have a safe, familiar place to hangout.
• Capacity building in neighbourhoods and promotion of cooperation for personal and collective benefit.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTION
NON STOP MOTION ANIMATION is a video-animation training program with the stop-frame method, for children and adolescents. Children will develop directional, visual, technical, and narrative skills. They will create videos lasting 1 to 3 minutes that will present on the internet.Benefits for participants
• Familiarity with digital media, building of technical and artistic skills. Increase focus and observation.
• Development of a directing and narrative view, organization of thought, production of personal work.
• Communication and collaboration of children and adults of different cultural values, with a view to understanding and accepting diversity. Fighting prejudices and social exclusion.